- We help children and adults of all ages that have serious mental and/or physical impairment(s).
- We work hand in hand with each client through the complete process from initial claims to ALJ Disability hearings.
- We’ve helped hundreds of clients in Waycross, Jesup, Alma and all over southeast Georgia win their Social Security, SSI and RRB benefits.
- Although every case is different, the majority of our successful clients get their claims approved early in the process.
To qualify for Social Security or SSI benefits, you must have an impairment or combination of impairments that have a substantial impact on the your ability to conduct your “activities of daily living.” These conditions must be permanent or expected to last at least 12 months. Social Security doesn’t offer partial or temporary disability.
Examples of “activities of daily living” include:
- Personal Care- Bathing, showering, dressing
- Cooking – Preparing meals for yourself
- Cleaning – Sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, etc.
- Yardwork – Cutting grass, raking, planting flowers, etc.
If your conditions or impairments don’t have a substantial impact on your “daily activities”, then your case may not be severe enough to meet Social Security’s standards.
If your case is not severe enough, according to Social Security’s standards, we have partner’s in the community that may be able to help you:
Goodwill – Their mission is to assist people with disabilities and other barriers to employment to live independently and become employed. They can help with job search and assistance.
Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation – Their mission is “Employment and independence for Georgians with disabilities.” They offer programs to help you find employment or employers willing to accommodate specific limitations that you may have.
Of course, if you are not sure you can call our office and arrange a free case evaluation to help you determine what your options are.
Who we help – Disabled railroad workers
- If you’re a disabled railroad worker, call us and we’ll help you file your claim, complete the forms and paperwork, and help you qualify for the benefits you deserve.
9:00 am-5:00 pm
You may leave a message on our customer service line 24/7 or email us and we will contact you.
Your Disability Advocates
James E. Allen
James & Maria Allen have been a part of the Waycross community since 1996.
James has devoted his career to the disabled with over 20 years of combined experience working for the Social Security Administration, representing clients, and as a disability case manager for Goodwill. James earned several degrees and has studied at Emmanuel College and Valdosta State University ultimately earning his MS degree.
Maria A. Allen
Maria is the compassionate voice you’ll often hear on the phone or see in person if you visit their office. Maria is a licensed minister and a graduate of the Emmanuel College School of Christian Ministries. Maria is knowledgeable and passionate about helping clients get their claims approved early and she treats every client with dignity, compassion, and respect.